Monday 8 February 2016

Valentine's Day: Cupcakes



Valentine’s Day is nearly upon us. We all know that V-day can be a lot of pressure on couples but it doesn’t have to be. You can make Valentine’s Day special without spending too much on your gifts or going to dinner, you just have to bring the creative side out in you! (We all know it’s there).

Why put pressure on yourselves, your Valentines will always be special whatever you decide to do –I would hope so anyways!  A romantic walk, going for pancakes or buying Marks and Spencer’s Valentines Meal offer – to which I will be doing! We'll treat ourselves to delicious pancakes in Exeter at ‘Gourmandine Crepes Café’ (it's amazing). My boyfriend and I keep Valentine’s pretty simple, just being in each other's company is enough. 



To make your Valentine’s Day special why not create something at home? Bake, write or create something that means a lot to you and give it to that special someone.

I decided to do just that: ‘Valentine’s Cupcakes’, Buttermilk chocolate cupcakes with creamy butter frosting and love!..Of course. I originally decided to make Red Velvet Cupcakes but they didn’t go to plan! However I stuck to a recipe for Red Velvet and made it my own.

The recipe I used (cupcakes here) is from Pinterest (Follow me). I love Pinterest; I am practically on it every day looking for new ideas and creations (I mean who isn’t?!). It is brilliant for helping you find great ideas for Valentines.

I believe if you make something and put your heart into it, it would top any shop bought chocolates! Have a go this Valentines, be creative it doesn’t matter if it goes wrong, it’s the thought that counts and anyways if he/she doesn’t like what you’ve done, then they’re not the one!! (Wink emoji would be here if I had one!).


I hope you all have a lovely Valentine’s Day. Let me know what you decided to create! 

XOXO
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amelia Joy . All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig